I am a journaler, and I often use writing prompts when writing in my journal. Recently, one of my journal prompts was to make a list of things that make you happy.
Being that my life can get a bit hectic, it was refreshing to actually pause for a moment to focus on things that actually bring me joy. After all, it’s the little things in life that bring us happiness, right?
Here are 40 things that make me happy:
1. My son. His little smiling face always warms my heart.
2. My husband, who is also my best friend.
3. Fresh flowers.
4. The smell of scented candles.
5. Ice cream. I mean, what girl doesn’t like ice cream?
7. Planners – with all of the decorations.
8. Warm baths. (I could certainly use one right now).
9. A good nap.
10. A nice cup of coffee with ALL the creamer. Mmmmm.
11. Tender kisses.
12. Spending time with my family. I love those guys and gals!
13. Sitting outside on my patio.
14. Going for a Sunday evening drive.
15. Writing in my journal.
17. Reading a good book.
18. Leisurely walks with my husband and the kiddo.
19. Netflix. I love to binge watch movies.
20. Lying on crisp, clean sheets.
21. A stroll through the park.
22. Playing with my son.
23. Fall season.
24. Warm doughnuts from Krispy Kreme.
25. Music. Seriously, music is life!
26. Date night.
27. A cup of chai tea.
28. Lip gloss.
29. Vacationing with my family.
30. Bath and body products. I love body butters and lotions that pamper my skin.
31. Peanut butter cookies fresh from the oven.
33. Singing my favorite songs really loud – but only when I’m alone.
34. Homemade pancakes.
36. Watching home decorating shows on television.
37. Organizing my pantry.
38. Christmas season.
39. Rearranging the furniture, even though it drives the hubby crazy.